Updated May 1st, 2021
We’ve been adjusting our policies, procedures, and guidelines to help reduce the risks associated with COVID-19. However, we cannot fully eliminate all the risks associated with COVID-19, but we are prepared to help minimize those risks to some degree and run our trip as responsibly as possible. Ultimately, it’s up to each individual to decide whether those risks are acceptable before deciding to travel with us. We want you to do what’s best for you.
As a result of COVID-19, we understand you have questions and concerns about your upcoming travel, and we’re committed to offering you flexibility and support. We’ve been working harder than ever to prepare ourselves for a whole new world of travel. We’re taking all of the necessary steps to be at the forefront of operating in a safe and appropriate manner that adheres to all local, state and national guidelines.
May 1st Update – Out of an abundance of caution TCH Is:
- Requiring non-vaccinated guests to get tested before traveling with us on any trip regardless of the destination’s requirements within 72 hours prior to travel – effective on TCH trips as of May 1, 2021. You can learn more about at-home testing options here.
- Strongly recommending all guests get vaccinated before traveling with us on any trip regardless of destination entry requirements. See here for CDC vaccine guidance.
- Our staff will get tested before each trip but know they are getting vaccinated as quickly as possible. As of May 5th, 2021, nearly all of our staff has been fully vaccinated.
Your health has always been a top priority on our trips, and moving forward we’ll be implementing a pre-trip guest screening process. The process is based on new standard operating procedures developed among a number of companies within the outfitting and guiding world.
- Upon arrival, all guests & staff are required to fill out a COVID-19 pre-trip screening regarding their health and recent travel activities.
- All guests will be asked to sign an additional COVID-19 risk and liability waiver that will request compliance and address exposure.
- All guests will be asked to adhere to our COVID-19 Code of Conduct.
- Temperatures will be checked for fever upon arrival at the trip starting point. Please understand that a reading of ≥100 degrees will mean we are unable to welcome you on the trip.
- Feeling sick before your trip? You’re not allowed to attend. But don’t worry – we’ll offer you a full refund or 100% transfer to another cycling house trip in the future.
- We won’t have the standard buffet that we’ve had in the past to limit communal touchpoints and the guides or staff will be plating meals or meals will be take-out style in a to-go container.
- Lunches – We are currently planning to enjoy lunches outside in the open air – sometimes picnic-style, sometimes at a dining table.
- Dinners – We currently plan on enjoying dinners outside. Due to the weather, we may be forced to eat inside. For those that are not comfortable with dining inside, a take-out option is available.
- Breakfast can be enjoyed inside the dining area or if you’d like to do a “takeout” breakfast, we’ll figure out a way to accommodate that.
- Due to the fact that we plan on doing so much outside, please bring a jacket!
Shuttles & Masks. When we shuttle, it’s mandatory that guides and guests wear face masks when in the vehicles.
Social distancing and good hygiene. We’re going to be social distancing on this trip (6′) when at all possible. Hand sanitizer will be prevalent.
Though our trip plan has evolved and it’s a little different than what we’ve done in the past, we’re confident we can deliver a great experience.
Trips scheduled for 2021
We want to be flexible so you have the time and information you need to make the best decision on whether you want to travel.
- If you are booked on a scheduled trip and are forced to cancel due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can do so. We’re happy to move 100% of your funds to a future trip. There is no penalty and no expiration date on your funds.
- We will be making the “go/no-go” decision 45 days prior to all trip start dates (or closer to departure as the situation changes). We will contact you immediately if your trip is suspended. If we suspend your trip, you have the option of putting 100% of the funds on your account towards a future trip or working with us directly for an outcome that is best for you.
- For all of our upcoming trips, we’ll be operating under our new COVID-19 guidelines and protocols. These will be sent to you prior to the trip and also emailed to all of our guests and staff beforehand.
The important things will never change
Despite the new realities we face, we’re happy to slowly and surely getting back to doing what we love and delivering our unforgettable experiences! The important things at our company will never change. We can’t wait to get back to those shared adventures on the bike, enjoying home-cooked meals, connecting with friends and face-to-face laughter. Those days are on the horizon, and we look forward to sharing them with you. We’ll remain hard at work to make sure you get to experience everything you’re looking forward to – and more – on a Cycling House trip.
In the meantime, never hesitate to reach out. Support from friends and family is critical during difficult times, and we consider each and every one of you a part of The Cycling House family.
Call us at 406-312-5770 or email us at [email protected].
Owen Gue, President