Cali Triathlon CampRide big miles and recover with swims and runs with coach Jeff Cuddeback
Explore vast landscapes of rolling vineyards on the bike, add in some swims and runs, and learn from a legend in the Santa Ynez Valley
If a week focused on the bike paired with supplemental swims and runs piques your interest, this is the trip for you! Morning swim sessions are followed by a healthy breakfast at the charming Ballard Inn & Gathering Table. Then we’ll set out to explore the picturesque Santa Ynez Valley on two wheels, led by The Cycling House guides. Each guided, supported ride boasts its own unique beauty – from an epic climb up the iconic Mount Gibraltar to a rolling journey toward the Pacific Ocean to quiet rides through wine country. Legendary triathlon coach Jeff Cuddeback will be on staff to share his 30+ years of triathlon wisdom with each guest.
- Relax at the charming 15-room Ballard Inn & Gathering Table in the Santa Ynez Valley
- Meander through rolling rural roads dotted with horse ranches, vineyards and mountains, all led by The Cycling House guides
- Enjoy homemade, family-style picnic lunches after rides
- Climb Mount Gibraltar, featured in the Tour of California
- Learn from legendary triathlon coach Jeff Cuddeback (read Jeff’s Q&A here)
- Taste the fresh, seasonal food on-site and at our favorite local restaurants
- Coached swims and runs
- Triathlon-specific discussions about race strategy, pacing, nutrition, training and more
The Santa Ynez Valley is both a thriving wine country destination as well as a culinary hot spot. Throughout the trip, you’ll taste the innovative cuisine of this bountiful California region. You’ll be treated to a nourishing pre-ride breakfast, and the Cycling House’s talented chefs will prepare a family-style picnic lunch. Dinners include meals made by the Ballard Inn’s award-winning chef Budi Kazali, as well as evenings out at our favorite local restaurants.
Your home for the week is the award-winning Ballard Inn & Gathering Table, an inviting 15-room hotel with the cozy-yet-sophisticated feel of a bed-and-breakfast. In the heart of Santa Barbara wine country, the Ballard Inn serves as the perfect base for exploring nearby climbs, canyons and cute towns such as Solvang, Los Olivos and Buellton. After a day in the saddle, sit back and relax with a glass of wine on the wraparound porch before enjoying dinner at the intimate 12-table restaurant.
- Mar 29 - Apr 3 $2,895 / Person
- 5 nights accommodations (double occupancy)
- Airport transfers to/from Santa Barbara International Airport (SBA)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Afternoon appetizers and wine
- Mechanical support (including bike build and breakdown)
- Professional trip guides
- Daily sag support
- Ride nutrition products
- High-quality ride photos
What’s Not Included
- Bike rentals
- Gratuity for guides
- Mid-ride café stops
- Personal shopping
- Massage therapy
- Single occupancy (+$900)
- Wine tasting
- Lap swim
- Core/stretching sessions
- Hiking/trail running
Rent A Bike
Traveling through the airport with a bike—and paying for it to fly—is not everyone’s idea of a fun way to start a vacation. Fortunately, we offer high-quality, full carbon bikes on all of our trips across the United States and Europe. Want to just show up and ride? Just bring your shoes, pedals, helmet, and saddle (if you want), and rent one of ours.
Bring Your Own
Your bike is yours—we get it. Bringing your own bike has obvious advantages in terms of individual comfort. Before your trip, we suggest getting a tune-up at your local bike shop so it’s ready to roll for your week of riding. Once you arrive, we’ll be sure to have our mechanics build it and help with any necessary tweaks. Check out some helpful resources here:
Skip The Bike
If you or your travel partner want to enjoy the trip and explore a new destination without a bike, drop us a line and we’ll discuss options. Some trips are better suited for non-rider participants than others.